During the chaotic back-to-school season, Red Baron sought to engage parents when they need mealtime solutions most.
Through social listening, we identified a spike in #ParentFail conversation during the back-to-school timeframe. Knowing that our target audience turns to social media to share their frustrations and wins, we saw the opportunity to shift the conversation.
Red Baron set up locked freezers filled with Red Baron pizza in two pizza-loving cities, Chicago and New York, on Aug. 20 – leading into the back-to-school season. The freezers were placed near high-traffic locations for busy commuters to take home to their families – giving them a #ParentWin when #ParentFails were trending.
Red Baron reached parents outside the two cities by sending free pizza and surprise gifts to parents who posted #ParentFails on social media.
To further prove that Red Baron is the ultimate parent win, influencers shared their #pizzaparentwins.
- Nearly 2,000 pizzas were given away.
- Aug. 20, the day of the campaign, Red Baron’s Instagram stories received 297% more views than average.
- For the week of Aug. 20, Red Baron’s Instagram profile racked up 3,000 visits and 2,000 actions, a respective increase of 383% and 804% from the previous week.
- Posts from the Parent Win Station influencer campaign received 21,200 likes, 229,000 video views, 763 comments and 333 shares in total.
- Over the past year, Red Baron has grown at two times the category average.